Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

"When was the last time you did something for the first time?” or so goes the saying.

Somehow this quote stuck in my mind which otherwise refuses to hold anything of any great significance these days. And I had to think about the quote seriously however much I tried to bury it beneath other important concerns like predicting the winner of the England Ireland cricket match. Technically I though to myself… I do a lot of new things each day. I even made a list of them.

Teaming up my trousers with a new different pair of socks each day.
Buying fuel from different fuel stations and that too in different denominations each time.
Trying the same food from different caterers in the uber-modern food court of our office.
Drinking the office coffee at different times of the day.

However much I tried to convince myself that the thrill quotient in my life was above average, I knew the truth myself… which was important.

Just when I was thinking of ways to save my otherwise boring life, a friend suggested 2 options… swimming or salsa. Me and Salsa? I can’t see myself waltzing across the dance room and at the same time balancing my partner... all with an expression of consummate ease.

So swimming it is. After 3 weeks, I am not doing too badly. I have bunked only 50% of the lessons and I don’t really drown in the pool. So there it is… new something in my life.

Is Salsa next? I may just suprise myself.

1 comment:

Nandita said...

SALSA!! SALSA!! Yes Please!
I so understand this need to do something new :-)