Thursday, May 31, 2007

Where is the Life I wanted?

Each day I am awake with that same feeling
A small part of me is leaving
Each day seems like the end of some beginning
Somewhere in this crowd, it’s my identity that I’m losing

My mind’s full of questions no one seems interested in answering.
Where am I running?
Why am I running?
Where is the life that the glib talking salesmen were selling?

It’s that same empty feeling
The one that seems to have no meaning
The one that cannot be filled by the riches I’m accumulating
Yet I feel it like my own breathing
I fail to fight this empty feeling
It’s that time which I’m longing
When I no longer feel this need of running

I ask for the beautiful moments to freeze
Give myself a few seconds to breathe
But somehow I’m not at ease
Something somewhere disturbs my peace
Why do I hang on to things fleeting as these?

I lie, but never sleep
Not for me those beautiful dreams
I twist and turn
It’s the morning sun I yearn.

And yet morning brings the same old feeling!

3 comments:

Aparna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aparna said...

Absolutely stunning!

I get that empty feeling so often, it is almost like a part of me that keeps nagging the rest of my existance!

Aparna

Amol Date said...

My thoughts in your words, Mr. Begde.
Too good.