Monday, January 29, 2007

This Morning!

My senses noticed the pleasant change immediately. As I woke up this morning, I realized that winter was well on its way out and spring was knocking on the door like a long-lost relative anxious to meet his near and dear ones. I am usually not a morning person and it’s not before I have had umpteen cups of coffee that I can hold a sensible conversation with anyone. But today it was different… I was awake and happy…. I got ready listening to “The Eagles” and couldn’t agree more as the song tequila sunrise popped up on my I-pod.

My good cheer kept up with me all the way through the bus-ride to office as I found myself smiling at absolute strangers. The funny part… most of them smiled back with equal enthusiasm. “This is definitely infectious”-I though to myself. Then it was all lost-in almost no time. I entered my cubicle and realized that life would be the same-spring, summer or rain would have no effect on my life here.

It seemed that my good cheer had gone through its complete life-cycle except that it had peaked too fast and abandoned me even faster. Depressed I sat at my chair. Then suddenly I got a call from a dear friend. And then another one asked me if I wanted to have some coffee.

Like I said before….I am not a morning person but coffee and an unexpected call from some one I wanted to talk to usually make my day.

No comments: